Connecting the Dots
for your kidney care needs
A chronic care management program offered
in collaboration with CareHarmony.
The Support You Deserve
Helping patients better manage chronic kidney disease
HOW YOU BENEFIT FROM CCM?
Kidney Care Connect CCM extends your care outside of the four walls of the Northern Florida Kidney Care office to help you maintain the best possible health.
- You will have 24/7 access to your dedicated Kidney Care Connect coordinator.
- A personalized, comprehensive care plan will be created to better address all of your health related issues.
- Your coordinator will follow up with you every month to help you meet your care plan goals.
- In coordination with your nephrologist, your Kidney Care Connect coordinator will help with a variety of healthcare needs including preventative services, etc.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
The chronic care management program typically requires an $8 to $9 copay (depending on your insurance) each month that you receive CCM services. Patients with supplemental insurance should check their coverage to understand if it will cover the copay.
OPT OUT ANY TIME
While you can only sign up for CCM services with one of your health care providers, you are able to opt out any time.
HELPING PATIENTS MANAGE THEIR CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE
77 year old diabetic with CKD,
living alone, and enrolled in
Kidney Care Connect.
Jane (Kidney Care Connect Coordinator)
A nurse is matched with John
based on his condition and
Common Care Scenario:
Dr. Wilson refers John for additional care.
Jane’s care coordination activities:
- Confirms the appointment for John
- Verifies all orders and medical records have been received for the additional services
- Verifies Dr. Wilson receives the results from the additional clinical services
- Verifies John has a follow-up appointment scheduled with Dr. Wilson to review the results
Signing up is as easy as…
WHAT IS CHRONIC CARE MANAGEMENT?
Chronic care management (CCM) is a new program offered by Medicare and certain other payors to help patients with two or more chronic conditions better manage their care. Northern Florida Kidney Care is thrilled to offer a kidney-care-specific CCM program called Kidney Care Connect™, which will be provided in collaboration with another company called CareHarmony, who specializes in delivering chronic care management services.
A dedicated Kidney Care Connect coordinator will be assigned to assist you in managing your health between office visits. This Kidney Care Connect coordinator will work closely with your nephrologist to provide comprehensive care for your chronic heath conditions in a systematic way to supplement regular office visit care.
Should you have any questions, or if you would like to learn more about our program, please contact us at:
629-888-9203 or visit online at: